Every couple years there is a product innovation that just changes the game. The new XBOX has no controller, so forget about buying a Nintendo Wii. The new XBOX has facial recognition and voice recognition– so it can spot you among a crowd of players. They show an example of a skateboarding game where the kid holds up his skate deck and it scans both sides into the game. Watch the 3 minute video here:
I predict that:
- Sales of keyboards and controllers will go way down.
- Porn companies will find clever applications to hack the box.
- You will be wasting a lot of time and money replacing your old stuff.
- Voice and facial ID will supplement password recognition.
- Uncle Sam and Big Brother are already excited about what is possible.
What do you think? Are you scared? Excited?
consoles, facial recognition, gaming, innovations, input devices, motion capture, motion sensing, nintendo wii, project natal, voice recognition, xbox360