Know how to instantly tell an expert from an amateur?
The expert spends 90% of their time practicing the fundamentals and only 10% of their time doing “pro” stuff.
The amateur spends 90% of their time trying to do the “pro” stuff, while ignoring the fundamentals.
- The amateur marketer chases tricks and hacks.
- The amateur golfer wants to hit from the black tees.
- The amateur health nut focuses on fad diets and pills.
The amateur author/speaker/coach dreams of speaking on the big stage, instead of quietly honing their craft.
Their attention is seeking out celebrities to snap “validation” pictures with celebrities, instead of letting the experts testify to their competence.
- A true expert has massive depth– like an iceberg with 90% below the water, unseen.
- A true expert publishes because they are compelled to serve and share, with publicity as a necessary evil.
- A true expert has a loyal following with demonstrated proof of their published how-to process.
Are you focusing on merely how you look or on truly improving who are you?
The fundamentals of digital marketing are getting your GCT (goals, content, targeting) right. That’s what we teach and what I spend most of my time working on.
It’s not flashy, but highly profitable.
I’ve taught over 500 workshops in the last 20 years.
And nearly every time, the ones we list as “expert” with the “latest” tricks and secret algorithmic updates are the ones that pack the room.
But when we actually deliver that material, we lose the audience and they are unhappy– especially the ones who represent themselves as pro (a clear sign that they are not).
Yet when we teach the fundamentals, people say their minds are blown, largely because these are pieces they’ve been missing all along. And then this drives results.
Drive for show, putt for dough, as the golfers like to say.
I am enamored with folks like Ryan Deiss, Michael Stelzner, and Shawn Collins who teach based on their own execution.
They focus on the step-by-step HOW TO, like expert chefs that have time-tested recipes for the most requested meals.